What is QuestOD?
QuestOD is a free platform that gives access to live TV, catch-up on demand or multiple series of your favourite show on your mobile, tablet or computer at home or when you’re out and about wherever there’s a Wifi connection, 3G, 4G or 5G in the UK or Republic of Ireland. Please note you may incur mobile data charges whilst using devices on 3G/4G to access the platform if you’re not using WiFi.
What can I watch on QuestOD?
You can watch four channels:
- Quest Red
- Food Network
You can watch them live, catch up on many of your favourite shows after they’ve appeared on the channel for up to 30 days or binge watch an entire multiple series, one after the other.
Is this service free?
Yes. The service is free however if you choose to stream on a 3G, 4G or 5G network you may incur data charges from your mobile service provider.
Do I need to register to watch the service?
Currently registration is not required to watch the service but will be introduced later this year.
Which devices can I use with QuestOD?
You can watch QuestOD on your mobile, tablet, laptop or PC.
Chromecast is supported on the iOS and Android apps which enables you to watch our shows in HD on a compatible TV.
Kindle devices and Play Station are not supported.
QuestOD supports the latest versions and two previous versions of Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and only the current version of Edge / Internet Explorer.
Why can't I see all the programmes that have appeared on the channel?
On QuestOD, we aim to show as many of the programmes on the service as possible, however, there are some on demand shows we do not have the contractual rights to add to the service and for live programmes where we don’t have the contractual rights , we have to 'blackout' that show. The live stream will resume as normal once the affected episode has finished airing.
You will see an on screen message telling you that the show is unable to be viewed due to contractual rights reasons.
Can I use QuestOD overseas?
The live and on demand content on questod.co.uk and the QuestOD apps are only available to view in the UK and Republic of Ireland. The service and app are not available in any other countries or regions.
How do I find a show to watch?
You can browse the homepage or by selecting the Shows or Genre headings. If you know the name of the show, just type it into the search box in the top right corner of the screen.
The video does not play, load, or shows an error message.
QuestOD and your device may not be able to communicate effectively. We recommend the following steps to try to solve the problem:
- Check the connection to the network and that your internet service provider or mobile network is working properly.
- Restart playback device and/or reset the router.
- View the video by changing the internet browser or playback device (PC, smartphone, tablet).
- Disable the adblocker, other browser extensions and toolbar (web only).
- If you are viewing the content from the phone browser via web, try to use QuestOD app.
- If you are viewing content from mobile app, please try using your phone's browser.
- Delete data from the browser cache and reload the page (web only).
I’m having issues watching video on Safari
If you have a Mac computer you may have issues watching on the Safari browser. This is because some versions of Safari blocks auto playing videos.
Simply follow these steps to allow Safari to autoplay. If you do not want to allow this, simply use another browser like Firefox or Chrome.
Step 1: Click Safari, then ‘Settings for this website’
Step 2: On the window that has popped up, go to the Auto-Play section and from the drop down select ‘Allow All Auto-Play’
How do I clear the cache and delete cookies?
This can be managed in your browser by going to ‘Tools’ and selecting ‘clear history’, ‘clear cookies’ or ‘clear browsing data’. Use the ‘Help’ function in your browser menu for instructions on how to do this for your specific browser.
I am seeing a ‘500 error’
This is a rare error that occurs when QuestOD is down. We apologise for the inconvenience and the service should be back soon.
The show page doesn’t have any video to watch.
If a show page doesn’t show any available video, it’s because the episodes are no longer available to view. Most of our shows are available for a 30 day catch-up period.
Why can't I find the answer to my question?
1. The date and time of issue
2. A summary of the issue you are experiencing (including the following information):
- If the issue is happening on LIVE streaming videos or Video On Demand, or both.
- The name of the show which is affected (include the season and episode number).
- The error message which was presented.
3. State the name of your device.
4. State if you’re using the mobile app or the website
5. State the OS version running on your device.
6. State the version of the app or web browser you're using.
Please note that you may browse QuestOD via your mobile device’s browser but watching LIVE video content is not permitted. Please, download the app to enjoy this experience.